TS16949 Internal Auditor w/ Core Tools
Course Hours: 8a-5p daily
- A brief history of quality leading up to the TS16949.
- Develop, know, and understand the purpose of an ISO/TS 16949 internal auditing system that is based on the ISO 19011 auditing guidelines.
- Understand the Process Approach of TS including use of COPs, MOPs, Turtle
Diagrams, and other industry specific techniques.
- Know how to successfully perform a Process Audit.
- Learn to interpret the TS standard from an auditor's point of view.
- Learn how to plan and prepare for an internal audits.
- Learn how to construct effective audit checklists to help find the objective evidence needed to make internal audits work for your company (not just find fault).
- Understand that the audit checklist is just the starting point for an ISO/TS process audit.
- Learn what to look for in the company's documentation to help in the audit.
- Learning to follow the audit trail.
- Find out how to write the audit report.
- Learn how to be objective.
- Learn how to discard non-objective evidence.
- Experience hands-on auditing experience.
Students leave this class with actual audit experience. The course includes hands-on practice process auditing exercises that helps beginners and intermediates get comfortable with the entire auditing process. A progressive series of activities helps students become experienced experts in almost no time at all. By the end of the session all students will have participated in 4-6 practice audit session making them "war-hardened veterans" of auditing.
About the course:
Upon completion of this class, you'll be ready for real-life audits. In fact, we strongly suggest that you capitalize on your successful classroom experience by having an audit planned for as soon as you return to your facility.
We use an actual QMS documentation set that was designed by professional auditors. This helps students understand how to ask questions, listen to the answers, and follow the audit/evidence trail. The case study system helps students to learn and aids in the development of process auditing skills.
Crafted just for the automotive industry, this course also includes OEM customer requirements and how-to-audit the Core Quality Tools. An in depth look at the TS with emphasis on the interdependence of customer requirements and the core tools, makes this class stand "head and shoulders" above so called competitive classes. The course is offered frequently in cities around the country and is an affordable also as an onsite session. If considering this class as an onsite session, consider adding a hands-on day of coaching (available for a nominal fee). Our pro's can help your auditors to audit your system.
As always and with all QAI classes, students are taught by professional and internationally certified auditors. QAI's instructors for the automotive industry classes receive special industry specific training several times each year. Our students get experts that are current with this fast-paced, always improving industry. You'll get a trainer that is more than just familiar with the automotive industry; you'll get energetic, enthusiastic trainers that are "in the know" about the industry's QMS requirements.
Course Agenda Day One
· Introduction to TS16949.
· Course Objectives.
· The Process Approach.
· Overview of the TS16949.
· Process Auditing.
· Class Size Case Studies.
· Group Size Case Studies.
· Designing an Audit System for Success.
· Introduction to the Mechanics of Auditing.
· How to Prepare for an Audit.
· Department Self Assessment (Students perform gap analysis).
· Audit Checklist Development
Course Agenda Day Two
· Interview Techniques - how to ask open ended questions.
· Opening Meeting - raising the audit to a professional level.
· Perform Process Audits Mock Audits - 3 way practice sessions.
· Preparing for Closing Meeting - How to summarize audit findings.
· Presenting Audit findings like a professional with supporting data.
· Audit Report Writing and Distribution.
· Discuss and describe how we learned that the TS Clauses are linked.
· Perform Second Process Audit Mock Audits - 3 way practice sessions.
· Prepare for Closing Meeting.
· Present Audit Findings - supporting the findings.
· Course Review and Evaluations.
Course Agenda Day Three
· OEM Customer Requirements.
· Customer Requirements and the relationships to the TS.
· How the Core Tools are related to the TS.
· The interdependent relationships of the Core Tools.
· How to process audit the core tools.
· APQP & Control Plans - How and what to audit.
· PPAP - How and what to audit.
· FMEA - How and what to audit.
· MSA-How and what to audit.
· SPC - How and what to audit.
Successful completion of training: Students that successfully complete this course will pass a series of competency assessments, evaluations, and examinations that will lead to certification as a competent auditor.